Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Friday, September 01, 2006

Newport News - Who Knew?
I have been familiar with Newport News for a while and was sort of ambivalent about it. It seemed ok, nothing special, just your average catalog and website. I've been never been too happy about the fact that they use straight size models for all the clothes, even though more than half their merchandise comes in plus sizes. But I have to say their recent collections have really surprised me. As I put together the ShopNow! section I keep finding stuff from Newport News that I want. Below are some of my most coveted items:






I'm not going to lie and say there aren't any duds mixed in among the pieces you can find, but there is certainly more good stuff like this in their mix. Just click on the images above to learn more about the items pictured.

Right now I am seriously coveting the white coat with black embroidery pictured at top left. I'll keep you posted if I decide to buy it!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've shopped from them before, and I totally agree with you. I just wanted to note that their sizes (especially those marked 1X-3X) run more towards Junior Plus, than standard plus size as far as the fit goes. Remember -- if it looks snug on the skinny model, it might be tight on you.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger NiNi said…

    Hey, I submitted this site to Stumble Upon today! :D

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that coat, if you get it let me know I might get it myself!!I wonder if sleeves are long enough for us 5'10-ers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails