Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Sunday, May 21, 2006

B&Lu - Cute and affordable!!!
So I just got my order from B&Lu and I wanted to show you some of what I got, because I am so excited! If you haven't heard of B&Lu, it is an online store that targets young, trendy customers looking for affordable fashions. If I had to compare them to another brand, I'd say they resemble Torrid a bit. But B&Lu definitely doesn't have the punk edge to it, they would be like Torrid's college aged sister.

B&Lu O'dessa Top

My favorite of the things I ordered from them is probably the O'dessa Top. It has a kind of cross between an asian and victorian feel to it, with a little bit of babydoll thrown in. I got the 1X in pink, and it has a figure flattering cut - definitely a close fit but not too tight. It is see-through, it's show in this picture with a tank under it.







Cecilia Top from B&LuThis top is called the Cecilia and is only $28! It comes in coral, and in burgundy. I bought it in the burgundy (the color pictured here). The crocheting on the top is SO cute, and its definitely a flirty fun piece. However, I recommend getting a size smaller perhaps than you normally wear - the top is very loose and drapy and if it's too big will look maternity on you. This top would definitely good for those looking to hide their bellies! I actually found it a little long for my tastes, so again I think going with a smaller size would be better. For my build (tiny waist, wide hips) I am going to get this item tailored slightly for maximum flattery. This is NOT a criticism of B&Lu however. Most ready to wear in plus sizes could use with some tailoring, because its very difficult to cater to the needs of a variety of larger body types. And for $28, even if you spend $15 tailoring to to perfection, you've still got a very affordable and unique top.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute!
    I've always had my eye on b&lu, but been reticent to order because of the fact that there isn't any model wearing the clothes. Its so hard to tell if they would be good for my bodyshape, etc. But since they have the Lisa seal of approval, I'll try it. :)

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have ordered several things from B&Lu and have been REALLY happy with the customor service and quality of the clothing. Plus, it's really original so you aren't wearing something that everyone else has, you know? Definitely a plus!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i also had my eye on their clothes and took your advice and ordered the cecelia shirt in a size smaller than normal.. i just received it and love it!! thanks for the tips and fashion advice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails