Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tunic Time at Alloy
I often complain about the overuse of tunics in plus size stores. There is a certain kind of tunic, a loose flowy thing with a keyhole neckline that's been in every damn plus size store for the last 5 years.

But lately a more flowery, boho tunic has been popular with the skinnies. A lot of times it's almost like a mini-dress, and it makes me want to pull out my gladiator sandals and romp on the beach. Alloy has a ton of these and they are all available up to their fab XXXL.

icon
icon
Isabella Aztec Tunic Dressicon, on sale for $42 at Alloy.

icon icon
icon
icon
Both the tunic dresses (and I use the term dress loosely because they are super teeny tiny short) above are also $40 at Alloy. I recommend wearing with short denim cutoffs (if you wear shorts) or cropped leggings.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Micah loves Pearl Necklace said…

    I love these kind of dress. Is this also okay for voluptuous women?

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Micah loves Pearl Necklace said…

    Nice dress! The model looks more even beautiful with the dress. Nice post!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger frau said…

    i've been lusting these at alloy since last summer, and they haven't gone on sale YET. (i'm super cheap.) so may as well drop the full $40.
    @Micah: I'd avoid the tops, but alloy's dresses are awesome for voluptuous women. i'm a g cup and the fit is fine. especially if you're top heavy rather than bottom heavy, cause lisa's right about those hemlines! miniskirts: the one good thing about having a tiny bottom!

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said…

    I guess i spent too much time in Woodstock, but I love tunics. What can I say? I would rather not deal with buttons. I am plus size (2x) .. and the fact I can purchase a pull-over that is goes to past my hips is a find! Let's be "generous" when it comes to choices! Alloy has nice fabric, good fit, and I am loving the price!

     
  • At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the dress is it available in the uk in plus sizes

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If there's one brand that knows how to make a tunic dress that looks perfect on plus size figures it's Apple Bottoms (even if yours is pear-shapes, ha-ha..) just look at these http://www.S2buy.com/term/Apple-Bottoms-Tunic-Dress and see how happy the model is, because she just knows she's looking really really good. The gold sequin one is so pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails