Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

New Series: Pick & Ick - Torrid
I was in an inspiration rut, as you know. Then I decided I'd write a post about Asos, a site that I normally LOVE, but mentioning a few things I didn't like that were for sale. I think part of being an honest blogger is admitting that even the brands you live for are not always going to meet your expectations.

But that doesn't mean they deserve to get trashed either. In my opinion, even the supposedly lamest plus size store will usually have at least one thing that I like, and even the hottest store will have at least one thing I don't want.

So welcome to my new series: Pick & Ick. Each installment will feature one brand/store and 2 items, my pick (an item I want/love) and my ick (one that I really don't like).

Today's Pick & Ick is the lovely Torrid. If you are in your twenties, particularly your early twenties, you might take Torrid for granted because it seems like its always been there. But it hasn't, at least not for girls my age (I'm 31). The first time I went in one I started crying because I'd never seen a store of plus size styles aimed at young, trendy women.

But like any store, Torrid can occasionally be hit or miss, particularly when copying straight size trends. Here's my pick & ick for them:



My Pick is the top on the left, because I think the neckline detail is really creative and fun, and I find the drape of the top to be one that tends to mask my tummy while still allowing me to show off my curves.

And then there's the Ick. Or in this case ICK. What's not wrong with this? It's a pepto colored lace trimmed rayon strapless blouson top/baggy shorts romper combo from yucktown. It is just so ..... no. You can't possibly look good, or trendy, or body flattering in this, can you?

Let me know if you agree!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Moe said…

    LOL Total Ick on the romper. But, I would probably by it from a sin bin and wear it around the house on really hot and humid days.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Red Head said…

    Completely agree. The ick looks comfy, but I'd hate myself for buying it because I'M SURE that's when my hubby would grab the camera and take the cutest shot of me with my boys, but I'd be wearing THAT and would hate the photo...

    Ugh, it's just bad. Bad bad.

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said…

    Ick! Fashion faux pas all the way. I am not sure what the clothing designer was thinking at that moment of inspiration -- but it sure was not about making us Big Girls Rock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails