Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Calvin Klein Cardigan: Pick & Ick
So my new series is supposed to be Pick or Ick but I found a single item that embodies both.

plus size,cardigan,stripes

Do I love this or do I hate it? On one hand, this open cardigan with the hanging down front is a style that I think is not really that flattering to plus girls. There is something about the drape of it that I think makes you look bigger. Plus the way my body is shaped, this conceals the parts of me that are small (waist)and emphasizes the parts that are big (hips). Combine that with horizontal stripes and it gets worse.

Yet at the same time I think this girl looks kind of chic. And I can picture some of the stylish plus bloggers like Sakina of Saks in the City rocking something like this. It looks young and fresh with a nod to nautical but yet a cosmopolitan feel; the kind of thing a celeb would be snapped wearing, clutching a starbucks and wearing oversized sunglasses.

So what is your thought? Pick or Ick?

5 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Definitely an "Ick". I actual design, but am disgusted by the pattern on it. I looks like it was taken right off a zebra.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Red Head said…

    I've only been on your site for about 2 minutes, but I must comment! I did a search for plus sized blog because I follow 2 fashion blogs that are always showing things that look fabulous, but not on my body type. (Hello, skinny jeans. No, I'm hourglass with LAEGE thighs. That is not a look for me, no matter how many ways you show them!) You were just reviewing a striped cardi and you described your body just like I would describe mine! I can't wait to read more!!!

    Thanks!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous kelli@beso.com said…

    Ick, Ick, Ick, not flattering at all!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Ehmonie said…

    i think it's a cute pick

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Pearl jewelry said…

    Nice Blog :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails