Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Sunday, April 25, 2010

See you in Seersucker
Seersucker is such a strange word. I've been dreaming about this seersucker jacket I saw in Macy's the other day and every time I think back to it, I am like, what does seersucker even mean? It sounds like a barnacle to me, which is funny since it is kind of a nautical look.

But I digress. Wikipedia defines Seersucker as "..a thin, all-cotton fabric, commonly striped or checkered, used to make clothing for spring and summer wear." Usually the fabric is white with a navy or black pinstripe to it. It is a very cute, light way to wear suiting in the summer and there are a lot of cute options out there now in plus sizes.


Items in this set:
Seersucker Boyfriend Jacket by Blue CoutureĀ® at Silhouettes.com, $59
Sea Cliff Blazer , Nautica.com, $80
Women's Summer Seersucker Jacket, Orvis.com, $69


The Nautica Blazer in the center looks the most like the one I am getting from Macys (which isn't on their site). This blazer pictured here only goes up to a size 16. The Orvis blazer goes up to a size 20, and the Silhouettes blazer to a 24.

Pair with a white tee, a big pendant or chain necklace, and a pair of capri jeans or shorts and some espadrilles.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger frau said…

    I love it! I bought a seersucker wardrober (jacket, pants and skirt) from Loehmann's last summer. I never wear the pieces together, and its striped yellow and white is super sunny and cheerful. The only thing is I have to get used to seersucker's rumpled look. That's supposed to be a plus, but I don't like it. Also, my jacket has a peplum that was cute at the time, but now I'm liking your simple cuts more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails