Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, January 18, 2010

Belts & Boots
I did it. I started wearing skinny jeans. I never thought I'd succumb to the trend, but lately, I've been rocking it, and feeling pretty good.

I think the trick to them, especially for a wide hipped girl like me, is really finding the right things to wear them with. My pick - a waist slimming belt, and a pair of big, fun boots. I prefer stretch belts as they are more comfy to wear during the day, and big boots because they provide some balance to the hips.

Some cute stretch belts:
Black Swallow Tattoo Stretch BeltRed Double Buckle Stretch Belt


Left: Black Swallow Tattoo Belt, $22 at Torrid.com
Right: Red Double Buckle Stretch Belt, $22 at Torrid.com

For boots, I have trouble with heels, even though I totally want to rock them like a sexy bitch (haha). I have been wearing these giant fur boots that make me look a little ridiculous, yet I love them. I've also been doing sweater boots, because you can scrunch them like leg warmers. Neither of mine are specifically billed for wide calves because both have the flexibility to fit a variety of sizes. The ones below are similar to the boots I've been wearing.


rsvp - Emma (Charcoal) - FootwearTimberland - Winterbury (Black) - Footwear

Left: RSVP Emma Sweater Boots, $64 at Zappos.com
Right: Timberland Winterbury Boots, $$119 at Zappos.com

Done right, almost any trend can be adaptable to plus sizes - but don't force it if it's not working. I waited a long time to find a skinny jeans look that worked for me, and even still I am not always convinced I wouldn't look better in my old boot cut jeans. But that's why they call them trends - they don't last forever, so if you want to experiment, I say go for it, just don't spend too much money on them, so if you aren't happy you don't have an empty wallet!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that first belt from Torrid looks amazing!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also have wide hips and have been contemplating skinny jeans. I'd love to know what you wear with the pants, besides the belt and boots. Is there a top of some kind involved? If not, I guess that would certainly draw attention away from the hip area. But I don't have that kind of nerve.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails