Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Sunday, November 22, 2009

What I love right now - Music & Crafts
I am a bit of an obsessive person. I get hooked on something, be it a particular food, music, expression or type of clothing, and I just sort of go wild - listening to the same album multiple times a day, going to yard sales every single weekend, or having a bag of jolly ranchers in the house at all times. Here are a few of my latest obsessions:

MUSIC: Right now it's a toss up between 2 albums that I listen to over and over.

One is Ocean Eyes by Owl City. I know that the singer has been compared endlessly to The Postal Service, another of my favorite bands, and while I agree, I think the two groups have a pretty different sound despite some commonalities. Ocean Eyes is a fun, quirky electro

The other album I love is Man on the Moon by Kid Cudi. Kid Cudi is an innovative rapper with lyrics that sound honest and self aware as opposed to rap's usual pompous swagger (although don't get me wrong, I love that kind of rap too). There is almost a sci fi quality to this album (Perhaps, intentional, with the Man on the Moon title) and although I usually hate between song spoken interludes, the rapper Common, who has a really delicious speaking voice, makes it an important addition to the overall feel of the album.

ACCESSORIES: So I've dived headfirst into the world of crafts. I have become obsessed, I think capital O level, with making pins. I use either fabric twisted into flower shapes, or petals from ripped apart vintage or dollar store flowers that I reassemble into quirky, pretty creations. If you've been wondering why I haven't been blogging, its because I've been sitting on my couch every night sewing for hours to make new pins to wear every day!! I need to photograph some of my recent collection to show you, but in the meantime, here's someone who's doing things with flower crafts I'm not even creative enough to think of:


This is from the Bean & The Sprout shop on Etsy.com. Go-go gadget crafters!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Moe said…

    I love Etsy. I just bought some earrings which I love. I've met nothing but good artisans on Etsy. Usually better service than some of the big companies that should know better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails