Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, August 03, 2009

The benefit of well fitting clothes
I recently moved to the suburbs which means I had to find replacements for a lot of my favorites in Brooklyn - a new nail place, a new deli, a new pharmacy, etc. One of the most important for me was finding a new tailor. As I've mentioned on this blog before, I have an hourglass figure - my waist is at least 12 inches smaller than my hips. As a result, it is very difficult to find pants that fit off the rack. In fact, it almost never happens. As a result, I always like to have a good tailor to get the pants to mold to my booty. Basically, they pinch up the gap at the center back waist, and then either convert that into a single center dart in the pants, or distribute it two smaller darts on either side of the center back seam of the pants. This costs on average about $15-25 depending on who/where your tailor is.

When I tell people I get my pants tailored, almost no one else ever tells me they do as well. Often times I hear that people never thought to do it, or feel its too expensive. But for example, remember recently how I bought those 2 pairs of jeans at Old Navy? They were less than $40, which is much cheaper than many jeans brands out there (I do have some designer jeans as well, one of my favorites being Svoboda Jeans) and so the money to get them tailored is well worth it, especially since jeans last such a long time and get so much wear.

Tailoring isn't just for pants though - you can get tops shortened, sleeves altered, dress hems shortened or straightened, busts pulled in etc. It could even give a second life to things in your closet and is quite useful if you go through a significant weight loss and don't have the money to buy a new wardrobe right away. Ask around for a recommendation, or start at your local dry cleaners, they often have a tailor on staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails