Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Saturday, December 30, 2006

New year - new body?
Lisa 2004 and 2006Did you know that the number 1 most popular new years resolution is to lose weight? Just because you, my dear readers, are empowered and attempting to love your body (if not loving it already) does not mean that you aren't going to be tempted to undertake a weight loss regiment yourselves.

I am not going to try and stop you; as many of you know I have lost more than 40 pounds in the last 2 years by exercising and changing my eating habits.

But I highly encourage you not to go on a diet. Diets don't work! They are restrictive and boring and no fun. I am not on a diet. I just finished a fabulous vanilla and peanut butter swirl frozen yogurt with peanut butter chips. But I also did a kick butt workout this morning for an hour and half. It's all about balance, girlies.

I also encourage you not to try and get "skinny". I may have lost 40 pounds, but I am still a full figured fashionista. It's about health, not size 2 jeans. It's about energy to walk and run and do all the fun things you want to do. It's about living your life to the fullest - not rejecting or hating the body you have, but loving it enough to make it perform at its best, regardless of its size.


Weight Watchers: Small steps can mean big changes
Since this is a blog where I do make recommendations, I will make one now. I have lost my weight with 2 things: 1) A gym membership. 2)Weight Watchers. It lets you eat like a human being, and yet gives you the tools to lose weight. Amazingly, its not that hard (if you are truly ready to start), or that expensive. It may not work for everybody, but its the plan I have found that teaches you the most how to eat like a "normal" person, not a dieter. I am on the points plan (I think its called "flex") and I love it!

Oh, and if you have no desire to lose weight, that's cool too. Just giving you some food for thought!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thamks for the New Year wishes, Lisa. I've ben on WW since September and just made my 10% goal. I feel better, want to walk more and workouts are showing results. I can't say enough good things about Weight Watchers.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just joined WW on Wednesday so I'm excited about a smaller me!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello... just blog hopping.... i was once over weight also...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails