Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Friday, September 15, 2006

Affordable! Fashion To Figure
Everyone has heard of Lane Bryant. But not everyone knows about the founder of Lane Bryant, actually named Lena Bryant. She was a pioneer in the plus size fashion industry and has a family that is apparently trying to hang on to the legacy that she left behind. Although Lane Bryant was sold by the family several years ago, her great grandchildren are hoping the strength of her name will help their new venture "Fashion to Figure".

Fashion to Figure (or FTF) currently has 2 locations in malls (one in Livingston Mall in NJ, the other in Palisades Mall in NY) and also an online store. Many of the pieces are cute and quite low priced. I can't vouch for the quality as of yet, but I don't mind having a place to try out some affordable, disposable fashions. Here are a few of the things on the site that I thought looked cute:

Polka Dot Top at FTF Printed Knee Length Skirt at FTF

L-R:
Cap Sleeve Polka Dot Top: $24
Printed Knee Length Skirt: $22

Pleated Dress with Lace Inset Red Off the Shoulder Top at FTF

L-R:
Pleated Dress with Lace Inset: $36 (also available in red, pink, gold and black)
Jersey Off the Shoulder Top: $24

5 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I ordered some of their items after seeing your post. The large dot shirt is very cute and is double-layered in the front - but you can see the inner layer's dots through the top layer. I still think I'm going to keep it. Very cute with black pants and a black tank underneath for work.

    The red off-the-shoulder top is open in the back. I was so sad about this because otherwise it's a very cute top.

    I also bought a black dress with ruching around the middle - also very cute, but the top is just a smidge too low-cut and there are cut-outs on the top of the shoulders - right where your bra straps would be.

    So very cute clothes, but not really made with plus size girls - who have to wear bras - in mind.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have actually shopped in the store in the palisades mall, and they have even more great stuff than online, the clothes are well made and I spent way too much money. The staff was super friendly and they helped me decide what pieces I should buy. I would recommend this store to any plus sized woman looking for affordable fashionable clothing.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the sizes at FTF run rather small.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    beware, the sizes at FTF run small. I was at Palisades this weekend and was upset to see that their 3x tops dont really fit me, and i am normally a 20 on the top.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i go to the store in the livingston mall all the time. it's a small store but they have a lot to offer. staff is fabulous. they explained to me that some of the clothes may not be true to size because they are still figuring out what brands work. I was trying on clothes from a small place in cali- and normally im a 2x- the 3x didnt even fit me. But when you do find something there, it's a keeper for sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails