Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, March 05, 2007

Michael Kors & Calvin Klein PLUS lines at Macys!
Ok, SHOCKING! Michael Kors and Calvin Klein have both started plus size lines that are being sold at Macy's, Bloomingdales and Lord & Taylor. I have to admit that I learned this fact from my fabulous friend Kathryn's blog TheBudgetFashionista.com. The Bloomingales website does not feature the lines right now, but I did see a few pieces at Macy's online. I am not impressed with Calvin so far, but check out these Michael Kors pieces:

iconiconiconicon

L: Mosaic Print Dress, $169.95

R: Cap Sleeve Lace Shirt, $69.50












There is also a somewhat cute Tiger Print sweater, but I have issues with designers thinking that all plus size women want to wear animal print. Even though sometimes we do....but I digress. Go to Macys or Bloomies and support Michael Kors and Calvin Klein! When straight size designers start designing for us, we need to show them that we'll buy their stuff (especially if its actually good!).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Calvin Klein line looks like Lane Bryant circa 1990--sad but true it didn't make the "translation" to plus size.

    On the other hand the Michael Kors line is FABULOUS!!!! The jeans are rocking, dresses are so flirty and tops are smashing. KuDo's to Michael Kors for realizing my credit cards swipe just like my straight size friends--I now own more than just his shoes and handbags!! :)

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recently viewed the Calvin Klein at Macy's and was impressed with the style if you need business attire and dressy casual. I picked up a fabulous "little" black dress for that any occasion. I agree though that it would not appeal to the younger generation.

    I haven't seen either line yet in Canada, shame...

    If you like jeans try Not Your Daughters Jeans, very nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails