Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, February 20, 2006

Kiyonna Dress Update!
Ok all - my Kiyonna order arrived today, and I wanted to give a full report. First of all on the "Harlow" dress that you all encouraged me to buy.


This is the Harlow Dress and it was $168. The good news: the dress is really pretty, looks nicely made and has a flattering shape.

On to the bad news: It's not my size!!! I ordered the 2, which is supposed to be about an 18-20. However, I neglected to look at their size chart (I know, can you believe I did that?). Looking at it tonight I discovered this:



Kiyonna Size 18-20
Bust: 47-50
Waist: 36-39
Hips: 50-53

Their size chart is fairly off the Standard Average chart that I created for reference on the Beauty Plus Power website. My chart was made by averaging the size charts of about 10-15 different plus size retailers. According to my chart, Kiyonna's 18-20 is more like a 22-24.

However, Kiyonna is known for its great customer service, so I will be calling them tomorrow to get details on exchanging this dress for the correct size.


I also ordered the 2-Toned Ruched V-Neck Tee, which was $48. I originally ordered it in pink with purple trim, but they called to tell me they sold out of that color in my size. So I decided to get the other color, which is blue with a green trim.

It is VERY cute. I ordered the 1X in this one, which seems like the right size. It's slightly baggy but hugs my chest nicely. The fabric is very soft and the colors are exactly as pictured. I imagine I will wear this a lot during spring.




I also ordered the Favorite Tank in black, which was $24. Unfortunately, the 1X in this tank is absolutely HUGE so I am going to exchange it for a 0X, but I am not even sure that will make it small enough. I have no idea why its so large. I think I will ask their customer service rep about it tomorrow when I call.

Just a note for my readers - lest you think I have a million dollars to drop on clothes all the time, my dear friend Kelsey gave me a gift certificate she had for Kiyonna, which enabled me to purchase the bulk of these items. So a big THANK YOU to Kelsey for her generosity.

I will update all of you after I talk to customer service tomorrow!
Smooches, Lisa

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, nice to know their sizing goes the other way. Usually things are cut smaller.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree. I'm 32 and the one thing I hate is ordering from a plus size company and getting things that look like they were made for a teenage body. I've ordered Kiyonna's wrap style dress before and it fit me perfectly (I'm a 20 and I ordered the 2x). Their sizing is cut more like the more expensive plus size stores.

    My advice next time is to check the size chart before ordering. It can save you a lot of headache.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has anyone bought any of their other casual items? I thought the starlet mesh top was pretty cute and nice for spring but I've never ordered from them before. Advice?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails