Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Friday, November 11, 2005

Why I started this blog
I started BeautyPlusPower.com a few years ago in the hopes of helping plus size women feel better about themselves. At first I didn't really know how I was going to do it, it just mattered to me that I wanted to do it. The first site I put up was more like a magazine (or as they yuckily call them "webzines") with articles I thought plus size women like me would want to read.

But the site felt unfocused, and the shopping directory, which I had spent SOOOOOO much time on, was not getting used. So I decided to re-do the site to focus more on the fashion aspect - after all, finding cool clothes is one of the toughest challenges plus size women have. The directory now has over 550 unique listings in more than 15 categories, and you can use the site to find everything from formal wear to bathing suits, goth clothes to bridal gowns, workout wear to lingerie.

But I kind of felt like I was ignoring a lot of the other stuff that is relevent to our lives as chunky-butts (is chunky butts offensive??). Stuff like dating, working out, how we are treated in the media, what its like to have a pack of skinny friends, what and why we eat and whether or not we care. So that's what this blog is for. I am still going to talk a lot about clothes because frankly, I love them and am obsessed with finding the best options for me and my plus size readers. Oh, and the best reason of all for having a blog - because I love talking about myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails