Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, December 31, 2007

In Love with ChicStar.com
I just found this site called ChicStar.com and I am giddy for it. I can't vouch for the quality yet since I haven't ordered anything (still trying to decide what I want) but I am so jazzed about it. The clothes are edgier and more interesting than most things available in larger sizes. One note to make is that they are a straight size site, and although they sell up to an XXXL in most items, I am skeptical as to just how big this actually might be. They list the measurements for an XXXL as 44-36-46. This will most likely fit up to a size 18 plus but that will really depend on your measurements.

Here are some of the coolest items:







You want to know what's even better? The most expensive item I just posted here is only $69, and the least expensive is $29.95. Reasonable prices and fab fashion? Go check out ChicStar.com today.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Moe a.k.a. @biggirlblue said…

    Wow, I normally wear 3x and my waist hasn't seen a size 36 in a very long time. :)

    Love the styles though. Very 1940s. Polka dots always look so good on someone else.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger petullant said…

    I wondered why shipping costs and time estimates seemed so much higher than normal - it's because they ship from China.

    I will let you know about the quality... if I ever get my skirt. I definitely won't get it by tomorrow night (for the party I ordered it for) even though I ordered it almost a month ago. SIGH.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bought the circle skirt trench dress and it's super cute, but it really ain't close to a 3x.

    I wear anywhere from a 16-22 and the arms and shoulders are tight on this one. I don't think they have the right cut for plus size Americans.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger petullant said…

    Ok, since I ordered from them and have now received my order I'm going to do a quick review:

    1. Expect to pay $8 in shipping. They sometimes have deals where express shipping is just $8 but that seems to be the minimum. If you don't get express, expect to not see your order for 3-4 weeks.

    2. They're based in China which makes me think twice about why their clothes are so inexpensive.

    3. I followed their size charts and ordered 2 sizes larger than what I normally wear - it fit perfectly.

    4. I loved my skirt! Unfortunately one of the back decorative buttons started falling off withing just a few hours of wearing it. Sure, I can sew it back on but eh. It has no lining and you can tell it's a pretty inexpensive skirt. It's still cute and I love it but don't expect the highest of qualities.

    That being said I will probably order from them again. Seriously, this skirt is ADORABLE!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the clothing on this site, but i refuse to order from them because of the horrid return policy. since shopping online makes sizing a crap-shoot, any store with a no-refund policy is a no-go in my book. in this day and age? for shame.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the items offered on their site....for a smaller plus size woman I think their are some fun clothing choices available.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Georgie Love said…

    LOVE these! And they do international shipping here to AUS, which is unfortunately oft forgotten...

    Also, do you know http://www.dorothyperkins.com? It's one of my favourites (from when I lived in the UK) and they DO ship to the US (but again, not to AUS!:-( ) They do sizes up to 22 - a true and generous 22 and are pretty cheap, with great sales.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails