Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Ed Hardy Plus Sizes - Played Out?
Ed Hardy is EVERYWHERE. I feel like this designer brand popped out of nowhere and just became ubiquitous. Ed Hardy flip flops, hand bags, jeans, t-shirts, kittens, blah blah. To me, the line jumped the shark when Jon Gosselin, formerly of Jon & Kate (Plus 8) was seen in France with Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier, apparently to discuss either a biker or kids line (?).

I recently discovered that the Ed Hardy clothing line is based on the artwork of Don Ed Hardy. I also found out that Christian Audigier is no stranger to brands that oversaturate the market - he's the designer of the Von Dutch collection (remember those trucker hats?).

So I guess it's sort of inevitable that Ed Hardy now does plus sizes. For between $60-90 you can get an Ed Hardy t-shirt at Macys, among other places. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not. I personally won't be buying into this trend, but I'm happy that if my plus size sisters want to splash this brand across themselves, they at least have the option now.


Edy Hardy Plus Size "Beautiful Ghost" T-Shirt, $68, Macys.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Diana said…

    I've had similar questions/feelings about the whole "Ed Hardy" thing. Clearly the name means something to someone, but to me it just means more screen print tees- which in the fashiong long-and-short just aren't that memorable.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find it offensive that Ed Hardy and Juicy Couture is offering their clothing in plus sizes now that the trend is so five years ago. where were the plus size options at the height of it's popularity?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails